Thursday, September 17, 2015

This is iPhone 6


My iPhone 6 is a month old today. I bought the phone last November 21 as a gift to myself. From the time I saw it revealed last September, I already planned in getting one. Coming from the iPhone 4S, a 3-yr old phone by this year, it's a very welcome upgrade.

There are a lot of good things in the iPhone 6 which are very applicable for my everyday use. The increase in screen size is a very welcome upgrade. But I chose the 6 over the 6+ because I would still want to be able to hold the phone with just one hand. The additional increase in capacity is also a good move since I can now store more media and install more apps on my phone. Applications are getting larger to have universal compatibility with the iPad. I got the 64gb model which is the middle storage size for the unit. Battery was also a consideration when I got the phone and I did experience some improvements in it. This is subjective as battery usage is dependent on how one uses the phone.

After getting the iPhone 6, I used my iPad mini less. The increase in screen size made me leave the iPad mini at home. Reading articles while commuting to work is a pleasure. Games are also buttery smooth on the phone. The increased hardware specs helped a lot in this aspect. Going back to the iPad mini is a slight pain as games that I thought will run smooth feels sluggish.

Writing of hardware specs, I really appreciate the motion processor added to the phone which started last year on the 5s. I started using a fitness tracker this year but I find it inaccurate as it detects movement while I'm sitting on my commute to and from work. This does not happen in my observation of the iPhone 6. I find the steps recorded by my phone are more accurate.

Another hardware that is of interest is of course the camera. I have used it already for taking pictures but I'd love to try further the panorama, time lapse and slo mo video. Aside from the iPad mini, I'm using my Canon S95 less because of this.

There is a lot to love with the latest iPhone models. If you are in the market looking for a smartphone, you won't go wrong with these phones from Apple. iPhone 6 and 6+ are already available locally. Go and get one.


0 comments